Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 6 - Part 2

We returned to our hotel and she explored some, colored, drank juice, saw pictures of our family on the laptop, did puzzles, watched TV and played around with us. We called our house and she said “hi” to all the kids and both sets of grandparents. All was going really well. A short time after the phone call Ronda and Maya went down a few floors to a small playground. It is for pretty small children and maybe this is why Maya took Ronda’s hand and pulled her down to the bottom floor – I don’t know if she thought she was at BSSK and wanted to play on that playground or what – but when she looked outside she broke down and started sobbing. Ronda picked her up and she clung to her, wrapping her little legs around her. She stayed like this the whole way up 5 flights of stairs and when we got into the room went to her Dad and wept for a while in his arms. It was heartbreaking – knowing she had left everyone and everything she knew. Mercifully, within half an hour though she fell asleep in Dan’s arms. We have had a very emotional day here and she even more so. Still we are thrilled with how well she seems to be attaching to us and accepting both of us. Her grief is to be expected and all we can do is reassure her that she is safe with us and that we love her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan & Ronda.
I am really praying for you two. What an exciting and still sad time all at once. I am glad to hear things have been going well with her getting used to you... I love you both and can't wait to see you all home!

God Bless
Zach

BBV said...

Hi,
We had a great missions conference meeting last night. The missionary was very informative and had some true miracles to share with us. I was blessed. We will get the boys at 6:15 tonight. Butch will have to leave to go to dartball and then I'll take the boys home. It is international snack night! Love it when food is involved.
This morning when I was praying for you and your family, I felt like I was going through all the emotions you and Maya must be feeling. I felt joy and happiness, releif, sadness and fear. I can't truly imagine what this must be like for a 6 year old. God bless you all.
Love, Barb

katesgrand said...

What an emotion filled day you folks have had. My heart went out to Maya. It must be hard to separate from the only friends you've had your whole little life. I know she senses the love you have for her, and she will respond to that. Mamaw was thrilled to have her say "hello" to them, and she told me Danielle brought home extra "work" for Maya to do. I will dry my eyes now and get ready to go take care of my Bekkah Boo. Wouldn't it be grand if every child in this world had someone to love them as much as our kids/grandkids have? You are in my thoughts and prayers. Give Maya a kiss from Great Auntie L.

Love,

Auntie

ncn said...

just keep pouring out the love to that little gal. I used to sing a song in S.S. that said" little children - are the jewels - His loved and HIs own. So I know Maya knows she is loved- just very hard to leave those who cared for her . Our prayers go up- you are surrounded by prayer
Love,
Mom and G