Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 9

Well, the end is in sight. Today we went to the US Embassy for Maya's Visa interview. We will end having the interview tomorrow and we will need to be there by 10:00 am (IST) which is 8:30 pm (EST [less one day]). We now have all of her medical paperwork done and we anticipate the interview going smoothly. The consulate indicated that we should be able to get her visa by noon tomorrow. Today we also went to a very large mall and went to Pizza Hut. This was the first pizza she has probably ever had. In the mall Maya coerced mommy into letting her drive a giraffe around the center area for 5 minutes. She almost took out a few people, but loved the experience.
Through all the taxi rides Maya graced us with more and more songs. She was certainly taught a lot of them of the past couple years. The best one ended with "I love you", but she sang "I love blue". We ate Chinese, which was pretty good and then had a wild rickshaw ride back to the hotel.
We leave tomorrow from the hotel around 7:00 PM (IST), leave Delhi at 12:30 AM, and get into JFK around 8:00 in the morning. We hope to get Pittsburgh then around noonish. Please pray for our safe journey. It will be so neat to see Maya's expressions as she sees so many things for the first time that we all take for granted; such as snow, lots of green grass, water to drink from a spigot, a sister, 2 brothers, grand parents, a dog, ... I sometimes wish I could get inside of her brain and see what she is seeing.

3 comments:

ncn said...

Blessings to you as you fly HOME!!!! WE will be there waiting- look for the people with the smiles.
Love,
Mom and Granpa G

katesgrand said...

How excited you must be. A glimpse into her brain would indeed be interesting. Did she like pizza? I think the snow might be interesting for her to see, but she will think it is mighty cold. And this summer, when we are complaining of the heat? She'll be thinking, "What's up with these people?" So many new things. It is beyond comprehension. Of course our prayers follow you. I wish I could be at the airport too, but I will have to wait until Nance calls with the story. Much love and many prayers.

Love,

Auntie L.

ps: Maya is a wonderful singer!!!

ncn said...

Maya I what you to come home soon to play with me I want to have fun at school By Danielle I hope you like your new home.